Monday, November 07, 2005

Red Bullets of Courage

Verse I:
This one goes to war tonight
This one comes to join the fight
This one makes the bad things wrong
And all good things right
And they are watching us tonight
It’s a brave and haunting sight
If I can just get past this pain
Then I’ll be your light.
Some men fight for love of blood
And some men fight for love of war
But men that fight for loving you
Are worth a whole lot more.

Chorus:
I don’t know where I’m from and I’ve gotta find a drum
‘Cause I’m marching, until I’m through
All these bullets flying to me, I pray they are never gonna catch me
‘Cause I’m marching, and I march for you
I am afraid of losing again but I will press on
Refusing to burn out, to burn out.

Verse II:
This one dies in war tonight
This one lives for just one fight
This one makes the bad things wrong
And all good things right
Call the boys to watch tonight
It’s a red, courageous sight
Sound the bugle for me now
I’ll give all my might
‘Cause this flame is burning now
And I’ll get it right somehow
‘Cause I know it’s not when I fall out
But when I stand up despite my doubt.

Repeat Chorus

Bridge:
Courage isn’t about how many fights you win
It’s the times you get beat but you get back in
You are afraid of losing again but you press on
Refusing to burn out, holding your dog-eared dog tag
You are battle-scarred, you are wounded
But you are refusing to burn out, to burn out

There are veterans for peace, and veterans for love
Men who died for love are enough
And maybe,
Someday we will finally be
Veterans and heroes to someone
Maybe.

This one goes to war tonight
This one comes to join the fight
This one grows to be a man
And becomes a light.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

I love it, Marcus. It's excellent! Do you have music for it? I wanna hear! I'm not kidding. I'm dead serious. It's... wow.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Noah said...

I do like it, Marcus.

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home