Friday, July 08, 2005

Reverse/Rebirth

Submit!
I will never.
You must, you know that you cannot go back.
I'll never give in!! Not after...
Why do you resist? Are you afraid?
I'm too ashamed. I never want to go back to you again
You are empty. You have nowhere else to go.

No. That's not true. The King will come for me.

Hah! A vain hope. Why will he come for you? You've spat in his face.
I didn't!
Yes, you did. Your hands are no cleaner than the ones that killed him.
I didn't...I didn't mean to...
Oh, please. Of course you meant to.
He told me that the light will never give up on me. And I believe him.
Your heart is empty. That is why you are forgetting. Because your memories are empty.
I'm not empty anymore!!
Of course you are. There is no one in your memories because they are all gone.
I want to see my friends.
And yet you can't even remember your best friend's face?
I...no...
Then what makes you think you'll ever remember the King?
Because. He said...he said he wouldn't leave me. That he'd always be there for me.



What? What's that...a voice....

It is a shimmer. The light from a memory. It's old and faded, but it's still there. It is the memory beyond. It exists just on the other side.

The other side of what?

The other side of your heart.

There is another side of my heart?

Yes. It's where you remember who you were. If you just believe, you can remember.

...How?

Just because you can't remember something doesn't mean it's gone. It's as if it's sleeping. All it takes is something to trigger it. A truth. That truth will resonate with light. Then it will awaken the memory beyond.

And I should follow that light?

Exactly. A new beginning is calling. Follow the memory. It is what makes you sure that the King is coming for you. Follow it, and that memory will lead to another. And then another. Memories are linked like a chain, and that chain is what holds us all together.

All of us? Us who?

Ohana. Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind, or forgotten.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

The story continues...

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home