Monday, February 13, 2006

Hurt

What is there now to understand?
You went and took it all away.
Bottled yourself up in your own killing jar
And now who's on the outside looking in?
What were you doing with that jar in the first place?
You were meant to catch fireflies.

Catch them and hold them high up
For those who still don't understand
When things aren't so simple.

Move the mountains aside and
Turn over rushing rivers
If it will make you feel better
Keep the hate close to you so
You sleep better at night
Like a small child with the nightmare
That never ends.

If I say that I gave that hate to you
So you could keep it for yourself
I never meant it.

Did you forget to poke in breathing holes?

5 Comments:

Blogger miss terri said...

i like it. i saw fireflies over the summer. i wish that i could hold light such as they do. do you have a friend to breath for you?

2:23 PM  
Blogger mystery man12 said...

My dear friend you are great do not panic there is still much to learn. I see beyond these words. Look deep into your self and you'll find what you need to do. Some times it's hard but it still needs to be done.

(Yes I'm back.)

8:42 PM  
Blogger Alexander said...

Heh...

Funny you should mention breathing...

Sometimes I wish I had a friend to breath for me. And yet, sometimes I know I need to be that friend for someone else.

10:06 PM  
Blogger miss terri said...

it's a give and take relationship. that's what friends are for. thank you for being there to breathe for your friends.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Noah said...

And I can feel you breathing, and it's keeping me awake.

We could breathe the windows down.

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home